Tuesday, January 19, 2010

China and India the new age developed countries - true or not?


Hello again everyone, I am back again from the old year into the new, but I know I am 19 days late to start blogging again in the new year..... but I excuse myself by saying that I was awfully busy with my 13 month old daughter and ofcourse quite engrossed in the economic news enfolding all over the world.

The year started on a rather sombre state for the markets all over with bad fourth quarter earnings from JPMorgan Chase, but very good results from Intel Inc. This shows that technology shares have come back with a bang, and this may be possible because of huge collaborations these tech companies have with China and India.

It is a huge bonus to know that these two Asian countries have actually dragged the rest of the world (US) into the new year with some signs of economic recovery. China and India have shown a lot of promise on being able to increase exports as well as imports in various industries. They have made themselves self sufficient with manpower, brilliant minds (many Indians and Chinese working and living abroad have come back to their respective countries) and growing infrastructure. This alone is enough to change the face of these two countries in the next 10 years, changing from developing to developed countries.

I see these countries as good investment options as well for anyone who wants to look into the future. I have put my money on them and the question is who else hasn't? India and China will soon be called the two new developed nations of the world fighting to claim the number one spot. I wish both of them best of luck for this year.

No comments: